Sunday, June 24, 2012

Spring Cleaning in June

I was reading on The Internet last night about living a minimalist lifestyle (also eating whole foods- i.e. plant based diet, but that's another post entirely). Inspired, I dove into my closet- quite literally- and threw out a bag full of clothes that have too much wear-and-tear to be useful. In addition, I loaded a large laundry basket with clothes to sell at the local consignment shop (if I can find one; I'm new in town, remember?). It is refreshing to say the least. Next Thursday we are moving into a slightly bigger apartment and ORGANIZATION is going to be my motto. I sketched out a redesigned office space plan and am midway through a closet organizational plan for things like scarves, shoes, and purses. I am way too sentimental for my own good, but when the mood strikes I discovered I can be ruthless with my trash bag.
Here's to order and a newly adopted less-is-more mantra.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment