Friday, July 13, 2012

Duckling News

I saw the duckling today! He is doing well- and now has a little sister! You can tell them apart by her white "bow" of fluffy baby feathers on her head.
His name is Herman.
His sister is Ellie









The only trouble is they are too brave! These little babes have no fear! Not even of a big (to them) dog they met on the path! Luckily this dog was friendly, I worry not all animals they meet will be as nice.

Herman leading Ellie away from Mum for some adventure...
(Look at those precious little duckling behinds. I love the little waggling tails!)

...dangerously far away from mum!
Their mother is all too calm about it. I can't help but morbidly wonder how many babies she has lost to turtle and cats and other dangers. I happened to have my camera with me while I checked the mail (in case you were wondering at the sudden flood of photos).
All's well that ends well I suppose. Back with Mum, safe, for  today.
Me and my camera are going to keep an eye on these two. Good luck ducklings!


No comments:

Post a Comment