Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Night- Aunt Becca Style

"Aunt Bucca" (Ben's best pronunciation of "Becca") is babysitting tonight! Not the most glamorous Friday night, but definitely a busy one. I brought only a Spanish book so I would study once the boys went to sleep...so of course I'm blogging from my phone. Evie, who is now two months old, had juuuust fallen asleep (and I to blog, with her sleeping in my lap) when James yelled "Aunt Becca, I'm thirsty!" He's not thirsty, for the record, and I am pretty convinced he planned it so that he would wake her up. Because he did. This blog post is going to be sorrowfully cut short, I have a wailing baby to attend to. Luckily, she's a rental and I- unlike her parents who are enjoying a brief respite at the movies- will get to sleep later tonight.


Later...
As you can tell from the photo, those kids did a number on me... It is scary thinking this could be me with  my own kid in a couple of years (like ten). Anyway, Evie eventually fell back to sleep (with her mouth hanging wiiide open. haha) and I quit Spanish- which I managed to study for approximately five minutes- to watch the Olympic opening ceremonies. From then on, it was smooth sailing. All the kids stayed asleep and Evie and I cuddled. The London 2012 Olympic's had a great start- though the American announcers were a tad ethnocentric.

Good night overall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment