Sunday, October 7, 2012

September/October Happenings

Hi everyone. I miss blogging, I really do.
 I am counting down until summer when I will get my degree and be done with school! (for the time being at least). I have a growing list of plans, such as "Start a Bible Study for the Middle School Girls in my Church" and "Get Back into Blogging" and "Develop a Workout Routine". I love learning, but sometimes I just want to live a little. In fact, I should be writing a paper right now, but I couldn't bring myself to it-- I've been trying all afternoon... I'll start the MOMENT I finish this post....probably.
Here's a quick update of my life over the past month or so:



1. AKC DOG SHOW. We went to a dog show, just for kicks. Here is a sneaky snapshot of the Shiba Inus (still the hubby's favorite): 
They were cute, for sure, but naughty little buggers, the whole lot. I preferred the Shelties one ring over.







2. PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES. I think I made them up. I made these delicious Pumpkin Spice sugar cookies last night for my Sunday school kiddos. Improvised and, dare I say, improved on the classic Sugar Cookie recipe. I made two dozen and, needless to say, it hardly satisfied them. Also, you can see in the photo on the right my lovely, red tea kettle that my Lt bought me "just 'cause"-- so now I can make proper tea (Peppermint brewing as we speak). It whistles. :)

He hid beside the dryer for like a week before he
came to the conclusion that we would not, in fact, eat him.
3. WE GOT A CAT. Ever since we made the very grown-up decision to wait on getting a dog until we are home more, I have been on the prowl (pun intended) for a pet that would be happy in our apartment until we got home each day. We went to the shelter "just to look" (yeah. right.) and found this 6 1/2 year old Maine Coon mix. For those of you who are more dog people (like me) a Maine Coon is a big furry cat. We now own one. Or at least I think we do-- he doesn't like the whole "being a pet" thing very much; in fact, he was quite bitter about the dragon wings I put on him yesterday. I can't imagine why.
He slunk around until I took them off. Little did he know his slinking made for
a perfect Dragon Walk.   He does not like staying still for photos. I'll work on it.


Wait, wait. I know, you're dying to know his name. I'm an English Literature fan. My husband is a history buff. We both like classical music.... 
so the cat is Beowulf Wolfgang.
We call him Wolf. He thinks we're racist against felines. 
I think we are too. 

Alrighty folks, that's enough procrastination. Time to work on my paper. 
Goodnight bloggers, until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment