Friday, June 15, 2012

Job Hunt

Friday: Day II of the Job Hunt
  Days like today make jobs feel like unicorns. I love the Air Force and, though I am only newly married into it, I love being a military wife. However, it does have its drawbacks. For example: while I like traveling and moving to new places, uprooting and finding a new job is hard work! Especially for a not-quite-graduated college student. A year and a half until my degree is finished, but even that is no guarantee for a job. Public Affairs is where I want to be; news briefs, press releases, knowing the who, what, and where of the base; doesn't it sound fun? My new friend (an older middle aged woman) in the P.A. department here seems to think it isn't all that great, but I am still in the excited newbie stage. I use USA Jobs to find federal job opening, but the process is slow. Really slow. If I had more direction I think I would fight harder, but the truth is I m still not entirely certain what I want to be When I Grow Up. For now, I hunt. I find the jobs that will get me somewhere and hopefully I will like it once I am there. Public Affairs, here I come. Just call me the Job Huntress.

No comments:

Post a Comment