Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Puppy Plans

Emily and her pal (the family's other dog), Koda.
My husband and I came up with a savings goal to help get rid of my student debt. When our savings account reaches that amount, we can get a dog. (happy face!) I have a dog back home with my parents. Her name is Emily, a three year old Sheltie mix.

However, she is happy there and I'm not sure if I want to uproot her from the only house and yard she has ever known- where someone (I have little sisters) is home every day, to an apartment with two working adults.



Golden Beach Love


So. Other considerations are being considered. Perhaps a new puppy? I am terribly fond of Golden Retrievers, but they are so big! Ideally our dog would be 25lbs or so, mid to small sized. But I love the Golden temperament, its love of water (I live near the beach), and its family-friendliness. Also I am biased because I grew up with a Golden Retriever named Whiskey (long story).  
Or perhaps a mini Goldendoodle: like a Golden, but smaller and less shedding. ;) The only trouble is my hubby isn't a fan of poodles... or anything with "oodle" or "doodle" in the name.

Mini Goldendoodle- PRECIOUS




But would you look at that face? MELT MY HEART! My gosh, it's love.







   I also found the "Cavapoo" (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Poodle) has similar looks and a smaller size. Plus, they like water!
I'd be sold on either.


    So that is my puppy ramblings. I am driving my husband crazy with my research; he didn't know how involved I would get when I discovered we may reach our savings goal THIS SUMMER. I am a tad excited.

(Boating too?! Cavapoos for the win!)



No comments:

Post a Comment