Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Great Migration


Today is Day 6 - yes, you read that right, Day SIX - of our self-move. May I just say we were idiots to do this ourselves-- especially without boxes. The apartment manager said a lot of people just carry things from their old apartment to the new and we shouldn't worry about packing things. Yeah.right. Tell that to my bruised and sore arms and legs. My poor husband hurt his knee (which was already damaged from an old running injury) and his back. Not to mention his ankle. Poor guy is too young to be falling apart like this. To be fair, he has worked like a horse until almost midnight every night for the past six days.
The GOOD news is: we are moved out of the old apartment! All that's left is to clean out the old fridge (thankfully each apt comes with its own fridge so we don't have to move that thing).
The BAD news is, without all this cardio in my daily regime, I'm going to have to start going back to the gym.
                                                      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
P.S. A side note on the puppy plans:  I was chatting with my dad yesterday and apparently he is expecting me to take Emily- remember, my dog that stayed behind when I moved out and has been living with my
family for the past year? So this may necessitate no puppy and just readopting Emily. I don't know how I feel about this.  On the one hand, I love Emily and she is a sweet dog that is already well mannered well, at least housetrained. On the other hand, she would need to be re-trained in a lot of things (like "come", for example) and retraining is harder than training a puppy. Then again, I haven't been able to find "the Perfect Breed" anyway, so maybe this would be a good thing. Anyways, I am still a-ways from my savings goal, so no use thinking about it now. Emily is a great pet, so we'll see how this goes.


Now, one to apartment cleaning and, oh yeah, the Job Hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment