Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Musings of the Afternoon

How crazy is this: I was just doing a little light research about joining the Air Force. Do I want to join? No. Do I want to wear a uniform everyday, get up early to work out, and have to salute often? No. Do I want to deploy or be told where to live? No. Then why, you may ask, are you looking into it? The answer is simply that I am frustrated with this job hunt. I want a career that gets me respect and gives me a good income. Something business related and steady. Air Force, unfortunately, meets those requirements. No worries though, I won't join-- yet. I mean, I already am military by marriage, that's enough. For now, the hunt continues.
This is for when I lose my patience with the job search:

DO NOT JOIN THE MILITARY. ONE MILITARY MEMBER PER MARRIED COUPLE IS PLENTY. THINK OF FIELD TRAINING, YELLING, SWEAT, AND BLOOD. DON'T DO IT!

Disclaimer: Not the military isn't fantastic, because it is, but it is certainly not for everyone. I want to be a wife and mommy first, not a soldier. I love our military and come from a long line of military families. So God Bless America and, if it is right for you, join the Air Force (or other branches)! But I shouldn't. I would be joining for the wrong reasons.

As a side note, we are done moving! And guess what, our new neighbors have a baby... a loud one. And the people in the apartment above us like to run herds of elephants across their floor, apparently. Yay for apartment living!

Overall best news of the day? I have a fantastic, supporting, and good-looking husband..... who will be home in an hour and a half and I have some cleaning to do before he gets home! Ooops.

My life is so blessed; though it is not perfect by any means, I am happy. Blissfully happy. :)


John 10:10
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.



No comments:

Post a Comment