Saturday, July 21, 2012

News! 2

Okay, people, I'm back.
So I think I need a new laptop. Mine is about 3 years old and is acting really strange lately. I need to backup all my files, just in case.
Other news though, first off, I am a failure. I tried to make one of those "melted crayon/umbrella silhouette" pictures. Major Fail: my crayons wouldn't melt and kept breaking. I used generic crayons though, and I think that might be the problem. I may try again this afternoon with some good ol' fashion Crayolas. Pictures to follow.
Best news of the weekend: I GOT A JOB! (**happy dance**) Good hours, good pay, for a company with opportunity for upwards mobility. I am excited. (I also fell in love with a bunny at the pet store. She is so precious. This dog savings plan is taking longer than I thought it would and I grow impatient. My little sister in Dallas wants a rabbit so here is my plan: I could have a rabbit while I save money for a dog, then when I go to get my dog from my parents, I can trade the rabbit for the dog. It is brilliant: I get something furry to dote on, while I still keep my promise of "no dog before the savings goal" and "no more than one pet at a time". Plus, all animals involved have good homes. What's not to love? Anyway, that is neither here nor there, so on we press.)
Hubby enjoying the view. He was there at 7 to fish and got
a lovely farmer's tan in the process. Gotta love 'im. :)
The squadron picnic was yesterday. Despite the slightly incliment weather, it was fun. I met a bunch of military families, had some bbq, and- my favorite- saw a dolphin! A bunch of the guys were fishing (the picnic was by the bay) and spotted a dolphin enjoying herself of their would-be catches. I was thrilled, but the men weren't so happy. Unfortunately, my pictures didn't turn out that great because she was too far away and I never knew where she'd come up for air.

Little Miss Dolphin, eating all our fishes. She was pretty though.
Great, now I want to be a Sea World Trainer (mostly kidding).

No comments:

Post a Comment