Friday, July 6, 2012

Comfortable Afternoons & Home Decor


     I think I may be getting sick. 
     Remember how I babysat my nephews? Well, they were getting over a virus and, while I don't think they were contagous at that point, their mom is now ill and today I feel bad: bodyachey, tired, slightly sore throat Hopefully it is nothing. I am taking a break from the day to do one of my favorite things: 
Curl up with a Cup of Hot Tea & My Laptop for some Research/Blogging
     Today I have been unpacking the last of the boxes (YAY!) and curtain shopping. I am planning on doing the living room in shades of blue. Blue is calming, would flow well with my chocolate colored couches, and happens to be my husband's favorite color (win + win + win!). This is my first time curtain-shopping. Are Target's prices competitive or should I shop around?
    This week we built a bookshelf for the study. It is 6'x3' and about a foot deep. My husband is excited because it is a "solid" bookshelf- not flimsy like the ones you buy at the store. We spent about $100 total in wood and supplies, but the bookshelves we were going to buy were $120 + and not sturdy at all.  I am really stoked though because this apartment is slowly feeling like home! 

     Now if only I could find a job.....

1 comment:

  1. Our next DIY project is a bookshelf/bench for the living room. I want it to be about 2' high and 3' wide, with cushions on top to provide extra seating when we have people over. :)

    ReplyDelete