Thursday, August 9, 2012

Motivation?

How stupid is it that I wear workout clothes and look up fitness plans on Pinterest without actually getting down and dirty to workout?? I am a horrible self-motivator! I don't challenge myself nearly enough- or at all. I need to DO HARD THINGS, get SWEATY at the gym, make like a Nike and just do it!!

Yes, I am wearing workout clothes. No, I have not worked out today. Yes, I was just on Pinterest.

...But I did finish the laundry. So that's a win.
Okay, play time is over. Now I need to
"Work Like A Beast To Look Like A Beauty"!!
...Yes that phrase is from Pinterest.

Also, this may be somewhat provoked by the fact that I found out today that the majority of 2012 Olympic gymnasts are 4-6 years younger than me. Depression right there.

Alrighty, I'm going to go workout until I can't move. I've heard it takes 4 weeks to see results; that means the week after labor day. Let's do this thing!!

2 comments:

  1. So...how is it going here? One week to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, okay, so I may have possibly gotten busy and forgotten I was being motivated. However, I swam today and start my "Yoga Meltdown" workout tomorrow morning at 5:30 a.m. It will be easier to be in a routine when it is not A) a holiday weekend (including my birthday), B) The start of a new job/semester, or C) in the midst of some other big change (like moving or getting married). Now that those are all settled, I think a routine workout will be much easier to manage. :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete