Friday, August 3, 2012

No More Wisdom

Well, it is finished. I had my wisdom teeth (all three of them) taken out this morning. After the surgery, I didn't- as I expected- have a crazy drunk-like experience. I just woke up, and was like "Ok, yeah, that was fast." Only nasty bit is my mouth is un-numbing (the worst part) and the pain is setting in. My husband is being a dear and very attentive, but there is really nothing he can do to stop the bleeding or the pain. Gross part is, I'm not allowed to spit (nor could I with my mouth being so numb) so I have to let the blood kinda drain out. I look like a vampire.
Fun stuff.
But, at least the surgery itself is over and I survived with minimal embarrassment. My hubby bought me a protein smoothie (NO STRAW!!) on the way home so I won't starve. We are also stocked up on yogurt, applesauce, and smoothie ingredients for our blender. It will be an interesting weekend. I'm so glad it's Friday and I am so thankful for a husband who will take the day off to hold me all afternoon...even though I now sometime drool.

No comments:

Post a Comment