Monday, August 6, 2012

Sleep Shenanigans

My sleep schedule is going to be so screwed up after this weekend. I haven't gone to bed (in the sense that I have climbed into bed and turned out the light) since Thursday night, but I have gotten more sleep (on the couch) than, well, any weekend I can remember. Today, for example: my mouth was hurting (the healing process from having your wisdom teeth out is apparently a painful one) so I took some extra strength Tylenol and cuddled with an ice pack as soon as I got home from church/lunch- about 3pm. I slept for about four hours, until my sweet husband woke me up in passing with a gentle forehead kiss. I got up, took more pills, and went back to the couch. I didn't wake up until 11:30 pm. Even then, it was only for an hour to watch the "Curiosity" land on Mars (!!!). My husband joined me on the couch after we finished watching the NASA landing and we both took a 45 minute nap. Poor guy; that was probably the only sleep he's getting tonight (he's up working on a paper). Then I slept for another stretch.
See what I mean? CRAZY amounts of sleep. So I'm up at- what is it now- 4:13 am. I'm tired, because me body is freaking out that it is four am, but I know I have had enough sleep. Boy, wisdom teeth are a bummer. I think I'll grab my ice pack and hit the couch for awhile. Or maybe read. Probably to sleep, but we'll see.
Summer is ending; I don't have the luxury of sleep shenanigans anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment