Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer Smoothie- You're Welcome

Day Four of mostly liquids and I have quickly tired of my usual fare of applesauce, yogurt, chocolate milk, and healthy banana smoothies. It's lunchtime and desperation drove me to do something I rarely do successfully: experiment. The result of this experiment was a sweet, pink smoothie; if you would like one, you will need the following ingredients (along with a blender).

  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 2 cups of ice
  • 5 large strawberries
  • 1 cup of milk (I made a cup using one cup milk and 1/3 cup dry milk powder- I ran out of milk last night and haven't been to the store yet. I'm lazy, I know.)
  • 1 container of Yoplait low fat, vanilla yogurt
  • 1- 2 tsp of vanilla extract (obviously you will use one teaspoon for a lighter vanilla flavor or two teaspoons for a stronger vanilla flavor)
  1. Put everything into the blender. 

  2. Blend until smooth. 
See, I told you it was easy. 

NOTE: For my smoothie, I added the vanilla extract afterwards and simply stirred it in with a spoon. I don't know if this affected the flavor or not, but mine was a yummy experiment, so I'm sure yours will be delicious however you decide to blend it.
Also, I am sorry for the lack of "In Progress" photos. I was not confident that the result would be photo/blog worthy, so I only have the finished product. Although I do not think it is that difficult to imagine a blender and all the ingredients going into the blender whole and coming out as a delicious Vanilla Strawberry Banana Smoothie.
If it is a nice day (as it is here) you have my permission to enjoy your smoothie outside. I cleaned up my mess (oh wait, no I didn't, but I will in a minute) and took my laptop and smoothie out on the porch. My husband keeps the house ridiculously cold- I'm convinced he's part polar bear- so I am literally out here to warm up. But now that you've reminded me of my smoothie mess (gee thanks...though the mess isn't a bad one) I'm off to clean up the kitchen (and maybe get seconds of this smoothie). 
Oh yeah, for you curious souls, this recipe makes about 3-4 cups. I can't give you an accurate measurement because I "tasted" it before I saw how much smoothie I had made and the "taste" turned into a very large drink. 
This was me: *cautious sip* (surprised) "Mm!" *larger sip* (still surprised) "Mmm!!" *no lying gulp* "mm, mm, mm!!" *Pours glass* Thinks "I should share this very rare success with the Internet!" 
So I did. You're welcome. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment