Thursday, August 16, 2012

Weekly Report

Well, it's Thursday. My new job started on Monday and- phew!- I have a lot to learn! I have some very sweet coworkers though and another "new girl" who started Monday happens to be a military wife who lives in my neighborhood! We carpooled to work today. ;)
The semester kicks off next Wednesday. I am super nervous. Can I handle four classes and a full time job? We'll see I guess.
Today my husband's unit had a bake sale. I made 2 dozen cupcakes and- errghh!- forgot to take pictures. The recipe was from Taste of Home and these Cream-filled Cupcakes were a hit! I actually made 48, but only filled and iced 28 (my husband ate four). I also added chocolate shavings to the top of mine- used a Hershey's "Cookies & Cream" chocolate bar. Delicious.
Tonight I made a yummy, buttery chicken dinner and afterwards realized how incredibly unhealthy I have been cooking. So, yeah, diet restarts tomorrow. Bad timing for a diet though: my birthday is this week. Yay for birthdays: Oh No! for cake and sweets. I think I will forgo our American traditional birthday for a healthier Angel Food Cake and Strawberries dessert. Again, we'll see.
Still want a dog. Still no dog.
No real crafting to report, but am planning on buying a sewing machine soon. The only trouble is, I don't know if I will have time to use it this semester!
Good news: I bought a fantastic skirt for work--> it.has. POCKETS.
Time to go: my cookies are burning. And, no, they are not for me. There is a potluck at work tomorrow.... Maybe I should start my diet next week.
Uhgh! Pray for strength!

Love,
 A Happy, Busy, Unhealthy Military Wife

At this time I would like to note that "wife" was accidentally typed "wide" but lately that feels appropriate.

Oh, p.s. my mouth is healed! No wisdom teeth troubles ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment